Here at The Patent King™, we’re a corporation that employs a network of experienced independent registered United States and foreign patent agents and firms that specialize in patent, trademark, copyright and contract matters including licensing and litigation. We provide a diverse range of help covering most technological fields, giving you an unparalleled expertise in most patent areas. If you’re looking for a patent lawyer in or around the 90278 area, you’ve came to the right place. Today we’re going to discuss the importance of protecting your intellectual property and how you can take steps to do so – especially if you’re a startup.
Every startup needs a plan for success. It’s important to consider that if your startup starts to scale quickly, a strong IP portfolio will be vital to your ability to play the long game. So what can you do as a startup to protect your intellectual property assets?
- Always patent what is important to others, not simply to yourself
- Make time to educate yourself on intellectual property. Know the basics of trademarks, copyrights, patents, trade secrets, etc. Investing early on will save you headaches later
- Never hesitate to call The Patent King
- You can reduce costs by doing your own intellectual searches first. You can search google.com/patents
- Remember that patents aren’t your only asset. Do an audit to identify all your registered and unregistered trademarks and copyrights
- Invest in a proper and well-written non-disclosure agreement (NDA). Plus, always make sure that your employment agreements, licenses, sales contracts and technology transfer agreements all protect your IP, too.